2022 NSC Examination Guidelines for Grade 12. The Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS) outline the nature and purpose of each subject. They guide the philosophy underlying the teaching and assessment of the subjects in Grade 12.
The purpose of these Examination Guidelines is to:
- Provide clarity on the depth and scope of the content to be assessed in the Grade 12 National Senior Certificate (NSC) Examination.
- Assist teachers to adequately prepare learners for the examinations.
These guidelines deal with the final Grade 12 external examinations. They do not deal in any depth with the School-Based Assessment (SBA).
These Examination Guidelines should be read in conjunction with:
- The National Curriculum Statement (NCS) Curriculum and Assessment Policy Statement (CAPS)
- The National Protocol of Assessment: An addendum to the policy document, the National Senior Certificate: A qualification at Level 4 on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF), regarding the National Protocol for Assessment (Grades R–12)
- The national policy pertaining to the programme and promotion requirements of the National Curriculum Statement, Grades R–12
These Examination Guidelines are meant to articulate the assessment aspirations espoused in the CAPS documents. They are therefore not a substitute for the CAPS documents which educators should teach to.
Qualitative curriculum coverage as enunciated in the CAPS cannot be over-emphasised.