Applications are open for the Africa Fellowship for Young Energy Leaders 2021. The Africa Fellowship for Young Energy Leaders (AFYEL) is an education venture designed to invest into the next generation energy leaders who will deliver a sustainable access to energy and ultimately a zero carbon Africa.
The ambition of the Program is to train recent graduates of Physics, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Building / Construction Engineering, Physics and Solar Energy on core aspects of Renewable Energy Technology and opportunities for career advancement in the energy value chain.
The goal is to churn out a competent workforce for the renewable energy industry and build entrepreneurs who will advance access to clean energy to 600 Million in Africa without Access and retain young African talent in a crucial sector like renewable energy, of paramount importance to unlock Africa’s sustainable future.
The program offers the knowledge of international experts on four groups of renewable energy technologies:
- Solar PV (utility-scale and small-scale)
- Onshore Wind
- Small-scale Hydropower
With regards to three core aspects:
And with a focus on Africa
The Africa Fellowship for Young Energy Leaders (AFYEL) is an education venture initiated by The Renewable Energy Technology Training Institute in Partnership with RETTI Virtual University, government agencies, top Academic institutions and private sector companies.
Benefits For Africa Fellowship for Young Energy Leaders 2021
The Fellowship for Young Energy Leaders is an Unapparelled Opportunity to:
- Participate in a 16 week professional training program in renewable energy technologies such as – small scale Hydro, Wind Power, Bioenergy and Solar Power taught by globally acclaimed experts.
- Explore industries beyond your daily work and expand your expertise
- Gain opportunity and mentorship to design and propose a solution to a local energy problem
- Attend a virtual summit with other young energy leaders an opportunity to interact and network
- Meet and network with top industry and business leaders who are serving as instructors
- Receive access to opportunity to pitch business idea
- Strengthen your work through new connections, skills and ideas
- Opportunities for networking in the energy transition market
- Gain access to employment after fellowship
- Join a global alumni network of the Climate Leadership Fellowship and work together to seek innovative solutions to common challenges.
Eligibility For Africa Fellowship for Young Energy Leaders 2021
- Are between the ages of 21 and 30 on or before the application deadline,
- Are graduates of Physics, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Finance / Accounting, Physics and Solar Energy, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Building and Construction Engineering.
- Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Are citizens of one of the following countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, or Zimbabwe.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of leadership and accomplishment in renewable energy as an industry
- A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship;
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and to respect the opinions of others;
- Strong social and communication skills;
- An energetic, positive attitude;
- A demonstrated knowledge of, interest in, and professional experience in the renewable energy, Economics, finance or engineering field.
For more information visit Official Webpage Africa Fellowship for Young Energy Leaders 2021