Assistant News Editor At Mwananchi Communications Ltd. Mwananchi Communications Ltd is a company based in Tanzania. Mwananchi Communications Ltd, engages in the print media and radio, and is the publisher of Tanzania’s leading daily newspaper, Mwananchi, and others such as The Citizen, Sunday Citizen, Mwananchi Jumapili, and Mwanaspoti.
JOB TITTLE: Assistant News Editor
To co-ordinate news gathering operations, obtain well researched and most up to date reports on daily events and ensure written copy meets established editorial objectives, journalistic ethics, house style and is delivered within set deadlines.
Full Job Description
- To make sure all stories are uploaded in our website/digital/social media platforms
- Assist the News Editor to maintain a diary of events.
- Assist the News Editor to assess political, social and economic climate and anticipates likely developments for coverage.
- Assist the News Editor in briefing reporters and advises on angles to take on a story.
- Assist the News Editor to guide reporters and writers on coverage and writing of stories.
- Assist the News Editor to ensure that reporters write stories and deliver them within the set deadlines.
- Assist the News Editor to review the written stories to ensure they meet editorial objectives, house style and journalistic ethics.
- Assist the News Editor to monitor and guide reporters and recommends areas for personal growth.
- Recommends main stories of the day and presents the docket to News Editor for the editorial meetings.
- Responding promptly to news breaks.
- Prioritize digital content by breaking the news on social medial platforms.
- Adhere to the news circle; breaking the news, social media update, website story and story for the paper.
- Adhering to Editorial & Social Media Policies as updated from time to time.
How to apply
To apply this vacancy open link below