SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care and protection organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidate to fill the following vacant position;
Job Title : Assistant Sponsorship (1 Post)
Duty station : Mwanza
Reporting to : Alternative Care Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Assistant Sponsorship is responsible to Alternative Care Coordinator but technically responsible to Sponsorship Coordinator at National Office. She/He is responsible for the day to day administrative duties of the sponsorship department and she/he should therefore fully understand and comply with the International Sponsorship Manual principles and guidelines. She/He works in close consultation with the Sponsorship Coordinator at National Office and regularly meets and provides her with timely information and reports.
- Works with SOS mothers, Youth Empowerment co-workers for information on children and works with all the facility and program directors to prepare the Village report.
- Provides input to registration forms, departure notices, progress reports and facility reports.
- Ensures that parcels and correspondence are distributed to children on time.
- Acts as a host to sponsors who visit the SOS Children’s Village.
- Prepare reports which are structured according to the guidelines provided by the International Sponsorship Office.
- Sponsors receive progress reports and village reports, so that they are informed of any major developments concerning their sponsored children, villages and all other facilities and programs at the same SOS location.
- Prepare Sponsorship photographs and season’s greetings each year.
- Prepares timely midyear letters with accordance to the agreed requirements and storytelling techniques.
- Prepares packages to be sent with end of year report for sponsors
- Provide regular feedback to Sponsorship Coordinator at National Office with regards to difficulties or challenges for quick assistance.
- Highlights any changes on child’s information status or location to the Sponsorship Coordinator
- Ensure the Sponsors ‘complaints are dealt with quick and competently with the support fromSponsorship Coordinator at National
- Report with immediate effect concerns of Sponsors to show that we value their commitment.
- Liaise with the Sponsorship Coordinator at National Office in handling any queries from International Sponsorship Office, as it may be requires so that the information send is accurate
- Prepares Village sponsorship budget and overseeing it
- Provide Information on children or programs as may be required by the national office. This will be done on the support of the responsible programs heads.
- Provide the information to the Sponsorship Coordinator about SOS family or children/youth on their personal data as it required by the Sponsorship standards.
- Provide information on any changes which may occur with regards to the sponsorship issues like admission of new children and their exit
- Prepare and Provide to National Sponsorship Coordinator an updated photographs and information of children and villages to be sent to the International Sponsorship Office.
- Working with SOS Mothers on responding timely to sponsors letters to children and children letters to sponsors
- Prepare all photographic material which complies with the guidelines set by the International Office.
- Works with the Sponsorship Coordinator in providing training and guidance for SOS Mothers, children and other coworkers involved in sponsorship activities
- Maintaining the children filing structure.
- The Assistant Sponsorship will immediately send information at the preliminary stage about the departure of the children under sponsorship program.
- Prepare and send to National Sponsorship Coordinator the information with regards to the departure of the children/youth. It must be clearly documented and must include the reason of recommending for a child to be withdrawn from the sponsorship program me,
- Prepare and send to National Sponsorship Coordinator the education and training details of the youth/children to be departed and the future plans of the departing youth.
- In collaboration with Care Co Workers (Mother, YEO, SFC), the Assistant Sponsorship will prepare information on the intended use of money gifts saved for the children.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor degree in Mass Communication, Public Relation, Journalism or any other related field
- 2-3 years of working experience in the same field.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills with the ability to represent SOS CV in donor forums, develop partnerships with other NGOs
- Proven negotiation and people skills
- Event management,branding and Fundraising skills
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
- Computer literacy
How to apply:
Interested candidate for the above position should submit their application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees.The candidate MUST clearly indicate the title of position applied for. Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo. Closing date is 26th December, 2021. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s VillageTanzaniaDar es Salaam, Tanzania
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted