BEST-KNU Scholarship for attracting foreign students
Purpose For BEST-KNU Scholarship
Through the attraction of excellent foreign graduate students, foster the quality of professors’ researches and improve the status of graduate students
Expected number of recipients and application details
- Around 10 students for Chuncheon and Samcheok Campus each semester.
- If you have any question, please ask the Office of International Affairs (250-6985).
- Application is possible during the baseline application period for foreign graduate students
- Student: follow the procedure for regular entrance application
- Advising professor: submit to the Office of International Affairs the application form and the plan for payment of the student’s support fee (including proof)
Supporting details for graduate students
- Around 10 students for Chuncheon and Samcheok Campus each semester
- Full scholarship (tuition fees, insurance), support four semesters for master/doctoral courses, eight semesters for combined course
Responsibilities of the advising professor
- Dormitory fee (including meals) payment or payment of the required amount to the student
- Support at least 200,000 won allowance per month
Requirements for BEST-KNU application
- The student must have obtained a 80/100 score or be in the 20% best during the last year in his previous school
- Students from non-English speaking country must provide TOPIK 3 or higher. (It is necessary to acquire over TOPIK level 4 before graduation) or with the English Proficiency Test Score (TOFLE530, CBT197, iBT71, IELTS 5.5, CEFR B2, TEPS 600, NEW TEPS 327, TOEIC 700)
※ It is unnecessary for the applicants from the countries whose native language is English (US, Canada, UK, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland).
※ BEST-KNU applicants should earn over 6 credits for late semester and meet the minimum on GPA (over average 3.5) to receive the scholarship
For more information Visit official Webpage BEST-KNU Scholarship To Study In Korea