Bulombora JKT KIGOMA – Post Form Six 2022. National service is a system of either compulsory or voluntary government service, usually military service. Many young people spent one or more years in such programmes. Compulsory military service typically requires all male citizens to enroll for one or two years, usually at age 18 (later for university-level students), while voluntary national service requires only three months of basic military training.
National Service was established on 10th July 1963 emanating from the ideas of the Father of the Nation, the late President Julius K Nyerere who once said ” National Service is the demand made by the Nation on youth and youth response in fulfilling their duty in building the Nation”.
Must Read Also:-
The National Service was established by the National Service Act to bring together the youths of Tanzania for the following purpose:
- Work together in order to build the sense of nationalism.
- Develop cultural and sociological awareness.
- Provide skills, build economic independency, and reduce unemployment.
- Train and develop the youth for national service and assist the government during natural disasters and calamities.
- Build and develop the national economy.
- Provide military training for national defense.