Calĺ for the application to apply Children’s Prize to Combat Child Mortality 2021 ($150,000 Grants)
- Deadline: July 30, 2021
Do you have an effective intervention that will save the lives of children under five? Apply now for the Children’s Prize 2021. The Children’s Prize is an open online competition with a mission to advance child health and survival by insisting on impact and data-driven interventions.
Child mortality is a core indicator for child health and well-being, in which child survival remains an urgent concern. It is unacceptable that about 14,250 children die every day- equivalent to about 10 deaths occurring every minute.
Majority of these deaths can be attributed to treatable causes, infectious diseases and neonatal complications being responsible for the vast majority of under-five deaths globally. According to the latest estimates by WHO and the Maternal and Child Epidemiology Estimation Group, of the 5.2 million deaths in children under five that occurred in 2019, the leading causes of death were pneumonia, diarrhoea, and malaria.
Almost half of all under-five deaths are attributable to nutrition related factors, while more than 80 percent of neonatal deaths occur among newborn infants of low birth weights in the highest burden settings.
They are inviting individuals and organisations to propose a ready-to-execute project plan that is focused on saving children’s lives under-five.
- The winner will have the opportunity to enter into a $150,000 grant agreement.
- Open to individuals and organizations globally.
- Proposals will be accepted from non-profits (charities), for profits (companies), government programs, academic institutions, and individuals aged 18 years or older. However, the prize funds may only be used for charitable purposes, as specified in the contest goals.
Projects are evaluated on their:
- ability to impact rates within a child mortality indicator (U5MR, IMR, NMR, etc.)
- innovation and scalability of the intervention approach within global health
- feasibility of the proposed lives-saved estimate
- probability of success
- ease of verification
- inclusion of a process impact assessment
How to Apply Children’s Prize to Combat Child Mortality
Applications are now open! Apply by July 30, 2021 for the $150,000 prize to combat child mortality!
For more information, visit official Webpage Children’s Prize to Combat Child Mortality 2021 ($150,000 Grants)