HAW Hamburg Scholarship For International Students In Germany 2022. HAW Hamburg awards up to five scholarships per semester to international students who demonstrate exceptional social commitment in international activities on campus. The scholarships are funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
You can apply for a scholarship for exceptionally committed international students if you fulfil the following criteria:
- You are an international student at HAW Hamburg (i.e. you obtained your higher education entrance qualification abroad or you have successfully completed preparatory studies at a German Studienkolleg).
- Your average grade is at least 2.5.
- You undertake volunteer work (proof required) in an international context at HAW Hamburg – for example, International Office services or events (weBuddy Programme, Welcome Week, Culture Cafe, country evenings, intercultural training sessions, Certificate of International Competencies, language tandems); student initiatives with an international angle (e.g. AIESEC, ESN); in the Students’ Union (ASTA), as a student representative in your department, or in other student bodies with an international component.
- Bachelor’s students: You’ve been studying at HAW Hamburg for at least two semesters.
- Master’s students: You’ve been studying at HAW Hamburg for at least one semester.
- You are not receiving other HAW Hamburg funding during the scholarship period.
- If your personal income exceeds €850 per month during the funding period, the scholarship amount will be reduced.
Duration and amount of funding
The scholarships for exceptional social commitment are awards of at least €1,800 and are granted for one semester.
Summer semester: 30 March each year
Winter semester: 30 September each year
Unfortunately, applications received after these deadlines cannot be considered.
All of the following documents must be completed and submitted:
- CV (max. 2 pages, with a focus on your academic path and volunteer activity)
- Letter of application (max. 2 pages): Why are you a good candidate for a social commitment scholarship? What volunteer activities have you planned for the next semester? What additional services that you would also like to become involved in could the International Office provide for international students?
- Clear proof of volunteer work (The activity, as well as the extent and duration of the activity, must be clearly demonstrated, e.g. in a letter of recommendation from a person who can confirm your involvement.)
- Certificate of enrolment from myHAW
- Current transcript from myHAW
- New as of winter term 2021/22: Students whose average grade and credit points are not listed in their transcript (this currently applies to all degree courses in the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science, with the exception of Automotive Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering) have to send an email to the Faculty Service Office (FSB) until 15 September requesting their average grade and credit points. Please mention in your email that you are applying for a scholarship at the International Office. The FSB will send your results directly to the International Office a few days before the deadline.
- Copy of your residency permit (non-EU citizens) or a copy of your passport or personal ID card (EU citizens)
- Bank account information form
- Financial circumstances form
How to apply HAW Hamburg Scholarship
Once you have gathered all the necessary documents, please upload them to Mobility Online before the deadline. Be sure to allow yourself enough time. We will inform you about the outcome of your application within four weeks after the deadline.
For more information Visit official Webpage HAW Hamburg Scholarship For International Students In Germany 2022