ICT Internship At UONGOZI Institute. UONGOZI Institute was established in 2010 by
the Government of Tanzania to inspire and
equip Tanzanian and African leaders to deliver
inclusive and sustainable solutions. This is done
through the provision of high-quality executive
education, facilitation of policy dialogues, action-oriented research and technical assistance for public and private institutions.
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Unit plays a vital role in supporting the implementation of the Institute’s Strategic Plan. Under the overall guidance of the Management Information Systems Officer, the ICT Intern will provide daily technical support to end-users on information management tools and technology infrastructure.
Why join UONGOZI Institute?
The successful candidate will support in providing effective ICT solutions as well as
maintenance of hardware, software and other ICT systems. The ICT Intern will:
- Respond to users’ requests for service,
troubleshooting and assist to develop
- Assist to update antivirus software and
repair computers infected with spyware,
adware and/or viruses.
- Support PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Assist to monitor backup systems and
procedures for data security.
- Assist to maintain inventory records and
documentation for ICT equipment.
- Assist users to determine appropriate
software solutions to meet needs.
- Provide backup technical support for
network, including router, firewall, and
wireless access point.
Duration and Work Schedule
The selected Intern will be provided with a three-month contract with the possibility of extension under certain conditions. Some assignments will involve travelling.
Who are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information
Technology, Computer Science or any other ICT-related field.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of software development. Knowledge of Web-based 2.0 and above is a plus.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced
- Strong verbal and written communication
skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Volunteering experience is preferred,
although not required.
How to Apply ICT Internship At UONGOZI Institute
Join our ICT Unit by submitting an application
via email@example.com with the subject line ” ICT Intern ” by September 18, 2021, at 05:00 PM (EAT). The application should include a motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees.
UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more information Visit official Webpage UONGOZI Institute ICT Internship 2021