Nairobi University Online Application system /portal. The University of Nairobi, a body corporate established by an Act of Parliament Cap 210 of the Laws of Kenya is the pioneer institution of University education in Kenya and the region.
The only institution of higher learning in Kenya for a long time, the University of Nairobi responded to the national regional and Africa’s high level manpower training needs by developing and evolving strong, diversified academic programmes and specializations in sciences, applied sciences, technology, humanities, social sciences and the arts. To date, the range of programmes offered number approximately two hundred.
How to apply Nairobi University Online Application
Before continuing please read the University of Nairobi admission requirements Please ensure that you meet the admission requirements before applying.
- It is in your best interest to complete your own application. The University of Nairobi does not make use of representatives, agents or agencies during the application process. If you choose to make use of representatives, agents or agencies, you do so at own risk.
- The closing dates are non-negotiable.It is your responsibility to ensure you apply before the applicable deadline!
- It is of utmost importance that you provide your correct personal email, Mobile Number, postal addresses and Next of Kin contacts to enable the University of Nairobi to contact with you directly.
You will only be able to submit your online application once you have:
- Completed the full online application form, AND
- Uploaded all the necessary scanned supporting documents in .pdf format,AND
- Either paid the application fee by any of the provided means.
- If you have not successfully paid by either means, your form has not been submitted.
Once your application has bbeevsuccessfully submitted after you have clicked VERIFY and APPLY:
- You will no longer be able to do any further editing of your application via the Online Application system.
- You will be informed by SMS and Email what your allocated reference number is.
- You will also be sent other important procedures describing how to check your progress and application results on your Email.
Persons with disabilities:
The online application system provides the facility for an applicant to disclose his/her disability status. Applicants are encouraged to make use of this facility to disclose their disability status at this point in the application process. Such a disclosure will in no way prejudice an application.
Disclosing your disability status enables the University of Nairobi to better anticipate the needs arising from these disabilities.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE FOR ONLINE APPLICATION
Step 1: Access from your computer www.application.uonbi.ac.ke
Step 2: Profile Registration
For first time applicants, create a personal profile by clicking on “Click Here to Register Button” to proceed to fill the all the required information
Note: All details marked with a red asterisk are mandatory and you willbe required to
provide them before you proceed and you must read and acceptthe terms and conditions
before submitting yourdetails.
Upon completion, an email will be sent to you (email provided during registration) requiring you to log in into your email account and activate your account together with your username and password.
This will allow you to log into your account to manage your profile and track the progress of your application. To create your account please click on the Register button otherwise enter your username and password to log in to your account.
Step 3: Profile Management
To apply for a University programme you will be required to complete your profile. These include your Personal details, Contact information, Education background, Work experience and Referees. You will also be required to upload scanned copies of your certificates, transcripts and passport photo.
Note: If you do not manage to complete your profile in one session your data will be saved
and you can still come back and complete it at a later time.
Step 4: Programme Selection
Only when your profile is complete can you apply for the programme you wish to undertake. Go to “Click here to apply” menu option on the Dashboard where you will select your programme from the intakes that are open at the time of making the application. Then click on “Apply for intake” Button
Once you click you will be lead to the form below where you select the preferred type of degree
You will also be able to view the entry requirements for the programme to see if you meet the requirements before making the application.
On selection of the degree programme types e.g Certificate & Diploma, Undergraduate/Bachelors, Masters/Postgraduate Diplomas or PhD you intent to apply for, you will get a list of all the available programmes in that category. Click on ‘Apply for this Programme’ Button alongside the preferred programme as shown below
For more information Visit official Webpage Nairobi University Online Application Portal (UON Online Application Portal)