Netflix Postgraduate Scholarship 2022 For South Africans. Netflix is the world’s leading streaming entertainment service, with over 209 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
In early 2021, Netflix announced their commitment in supporting Black representation in the Film & TV industry to the creative ecosystem in South Africa. Specifically, the company has committed to funding full post-graduate scholarships at higher educational institutions in South Africa to support the formal qualification and training of aspiring Black creatives in the film and TV disciplines.
Netflix has partnered with social investment fund management and advisory firm Tshikululu Social Investments as implementing partner/fund administrator, with the responsibility of successfully executing the project.
Netflix Postgraduate Scholarship 2022
The Scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance through full scholarships at partner higher educational institutions in South Africa, as listed below, to support the formal qualification and training of aspiring Black creatives in the film and TV disciplines.
Who should apply:
- Postgraduate students pursuing one-year postgraduate studies in Film, Television and/or audio-visual related qualification at one of the below mentioned institutions.
- Black students, as defined by the B-BBEE Code of Conduct (Black, Coloured or Indian).
- Only South African citizens will be considered.
- Undergraduate academic average of 60% minimum, must have completed between the years 2019 and 2021.
- Self-funded students (students who have another bursary or NSFAS funding will not qualify).
Partner higher education institutions:
- University of Cape Town
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Pretoria
- Durban University of Technology
- Tshwane University of Technology
- Boston Media House
- AACA Film and Acting School
Application Deadline: 31 October 2021