NIT Prospectus PDF 2020/2021 Free Download
NIT Prospectus PDF. This publication provides comprehensive information about important matters related to academic programmes of the National Institute of Transport (NIT).
It is intended to serve as a guide to prospective and on-going undergraduate and postgraduate students in planning their study programmes, as it provides an exhaustive list of all programmes as well as respective academic entry and graduation requirements.
However it is advisable to consult Heads of Department responsible for the respective for most current updates and more information about programmes. Other useful information about the activities of the Institute is found in the NIT website www.nit.ac.tz and other documents of the Institute.
NIT Prospectus PDF Free Download
The National Institute of Transport (NIT) was established by Act of Parliament, Number. 24
of 1982(Cap 187 revised edition 2002).
The history of NIT dates back to 1975, when due to the complexity of the transport sector and the intricacies involved in its management necessitated the introduction of comprehensive training programmes for the development of the sectorial manpower. Currently the Institute is under the Ministry of Transport, Works and Communication.
It is fully accredited by the National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) with Certificate of Registration Number REG./EOS/009 of 2002.
It offers education and training programmes leading to qualifications recognized nationally
VISION AND MISSION
The Institute‟s Vision and Mission are: –
To be a Regional Centre of Excellence in Logistics, Management and Transport Technology.
To provide flexible and high quality Education and Training, Research and Consultancy in Logistics, Management and Transport Technology for Sustainable Socio – Economic Development.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF THE INSTITUTE
- (a) To provide facilities for the study and training in the principles, procedures and techniques of transport operations, physical distribution and such other related subjects as the Council may decide from time to time,
- (b) To conduct training programmes in the subjects specified in paragraph (a) and in such other related subjects as the Council may from time to time decide,
- (c) To engage into research, operational and organizational problems and training needs in the areas specified in paragraph (a) and in the transport sector in general and to evaluate the results achieved by the Institute‟s training programmes,
- (d) To provide consultancy services to the government, parastatal bodies and such other organizations or persons as may be necessary,
- (e) To sponsor, arrange and provide facilities for conferences and seminars,
- (f) To establish departments within the Institute for the organization and administration of its activities,
- (g) To conduct professional examinations and to grant professional masters, degrees, diplomas and certificates of different types and other awards of the Institute,
- (h) To do all such acts and things, and enter into all such contracts and transactions, as are, in the opinion of the Council expedient or necessary for the proper and efficient discharge of the functions of the Institute,
- (i) To arrange for publications and general dissemination of materials produced in connection with the work and activities of the Institute,
- (j) To establish and foster closer association with other Institutions of higher learning.
NIT CONTACT ADDRESSES
INSTITUTE ADDRESS National Institute of Transport
P.O. Box 705
DAR ES SALAAM
RECTOR Tel: +255 222400260
DEPUTY RECTOR ACADEMICS, RESEARCH AND CONSULTANCY
Tel: +255 22 2400843
DEPUTY RECTOR PLANNING, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
Tel: +255 22 2400852
REGISTRAR Tel: +255 22 2400148 Ext.117
DEAN OF STUDENTS Tel: +255 22 2400148 Ext.134
PUBLIC RELATION OFFICER Tel: +255 22 2400148 Ext.143
VEHICLE AND HEAVY EQUIPMENT MANAGEMENT UNIT
Tel: +255 22 2400148 Ext.143
NATIONAL TRANSPORT RESOURCE CENTRE
Tel: +255 22 2400148 Ext.133
CONSULTANCY AND PRODUCTION BUREAU
Tel: +255 22 2400845 Ext.121
CENTRE FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Tel: +255 22 2400148 Ext.131