Check here NSFAS Application Status 2023. Are you a prospective student who applied for NSFAS to fund your studies at South African university or TVET College. Did you applied for NSFAS and anxiously waiting to find out if you have been accepted into National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) for the 2023/ 2024 academic year?
Or are you also parent/guardian looking to check / track the application status for NFSAS of your child?
You have come to the right place, we have documented all the steps to make it easy for you to find out your 2023/ 2024 NFSAS application status online.
- Advertisement -
- Application Submitted: Your application has been loaded on to the NSFAS system successfully.
- Filtering: The system checks if you are a returning student and whether you have any previous qualifications.
- Validation: NSFAS is conducting third party checks with SASSA and the Department of Home Affairs.
- Evaluation: NSFAS is verifying all the documents you have submitted during your application.
- Funding Eligibility: NSFAS is verifying your household financial status that was declared in your application.
- Awaiting Academic Results/Admission: NSFAS is checking your academic results and your institution admission status to ensure that you meet the requirements to be funded by NSFAS. Many find themselves to stay on this step for a while. This is because NSFAS has to wait for information from your chosen institution.
- Awaiting Registration: NSFAS is receiving data from your institution to enable them to create a bursary agreement. This is another step students find themselves on for a while. This is because NSFAS has to wait for information from your chosen institution.
- Signing Of Agreement: At this stage, you need to sign your bursary agreement so that NSFAS can disburse your allowances.
- Payments: Your allowances are now being paid either through NSFAS mobile wallet system or through your institution. Students are advised to continue to monitor the myNSFAS portal for updates.
NSFAS Application Status 2023
The following below steps to check for the NSFAS Application Status 2023:-
- If you would like to check the status of your 2022 NSFAS application, please visit the NSFAS official website. Click on MyNSFAS account and login with your ID and the password you created during your application.
- Click on MyNSFAS account and login with your ID and the password you created during your application.
If the status of your application is “Provisionally Funded”, please contact NSFAS Office at your university or TVET college. Please contact NSFAS for all other outcomes, as NSFAS is responsible for the application process.