NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
Growth of Islamic Business- Assets (loans), Liabilities (deposits) and revenue to increase the unit’s business profitability and building customer relationships in accordance with Bank’s strategic focus.
Accountability: Business Growth
- Collaborate with Manager Islamic Banking in reviewing and developing annual activity plans for Islamic business with clear objectives and goals to support the overall Bank’s strategic intent.
- Devise and manage initiatives for deposit mobilization initiatives for Islamic customers to ensure targeted growth in deposits is achieved.
- Together with credit unit, initiate, coordinate and conduct capacity building sessions to Branch members to ensure their performance is aligned with business goals and objectives
- Identify and negotiate Islamic business opportunities and develop specific plans to acquire business in order to increase Islamic business portfolio in line with business targets.
- Build, manage and enhance business relationships to ensure retention of customers in line with business needs
- Review periodically branch performance, analyse performance trends and communicate remedial/improvement strategies.
- Review Islamic operational activities under respective branch and support them to implement activity plans to meet their assigned targets.
- Monitor Islamic business and advise prompt action to be taken by braches for delinquent cases.
- Collaborate with Manager Islamic Business to develop policy guideline for Islamic products and services
- Collaborate with Manager Islamic Business to develop Islamic permissible products and innovative solutions that meeting customers varying needs
- Initiate and conduct customer engagements such as customer’s forums, focus group discussion, If tar, and workshops to identify customer’s needs, building and strengthening relationships to ensure retention of customers in line with business needs.
- Identify and negotiate Islamic banking opportunities and develop specific plans to acquire business in order to attain set business targets.
Accountability: Product Development
- Develop and maintain a product range of Islamic banking products to ensure customer requirements are met
- Ensure all Shari’ah compliance risks are addressed and reported to SAC along with the solutions during development of the new Shari’ah products.
- Ensure development of the new Shariah compliant products, all Shariah compliant risks are addressed and reported to the SSB along with the solutions after studying the ABSA group environment and system
- Provide high level input and implementation support to the relevant stakeholders on any Islamic Banking products across key projects and products.
- Monitor the effectiveness of all Islamic Banking products by reviewing relevant products reports on a monthly basis to determine the effective of the product and the level of Shari’ah compliance.
Accountability: Risk Management
- Respond to queries from auditors and provide the necessary information needed during internal, external and Shari’ah audits
- Perform quarterly Shari’ah reviews on products, agreements, contracts and reports to indicate any Shari’ah laws violation.
- Assisting the Manager Islamic Banking and Shari’ah Advisory Committee (SAC) to ensure compliance including organizing SAC meetings, implement decisions, actions and Fatwas provided by Head of Islamic Banking & MSME and SAC.
Prepare all documentation for the risk structure within the ABSA Islamic Banking environment need to review risk related to recognition and conflicts of different Islamic products in the ABSA banking systems on a continuous basis
Bachelor’s Degree – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Business Analysis (Meets all of the requirements), Certificate in Shariah Banking – Any reputable, Commercial mindset – Senior (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Creative and innovative thinking (Meets all of the requirements), Effective communication – Basic (Meets all of the requirements), English, Entrepreneurial thinking (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment, Product and/or Service Knowledge (Meets all of the requirements), Sales Management (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)