Stellenbosch University Admission Requirements. Please familiarise yourself with the Stellenbosch University Admissions Policy and our Terms and Conditions for new applications.
What are the minimum academic requirements for a bachelor’s degree?
- 30% for a South African Language of Learning and Teaching (English or Afrikaans), and
- an achievement rating of 4 (50% – 59%) in four 20-credit subjects.
How do you calculate your National Senior Certificate average?
Highest score in Language of Learning and Teaching (Eng or Afr) + (5 x best results in 20-credit subjects excluding Life Orientation, Advanced Mathematics, Mathematics 3 and any other non NSC subjects). The total is then divided by 6.
How do we assess international qualifications?
- Final school results from International Curriculum (Cambridge International, International Baccalaureate, etc.), including School of Tomorrow.
- Click here for the minimum requirements for international curriculums. (A-levels, AS-levels, IB diploma and GCSE/IGCSE/O-levels)
- Also meet further requirements specific to the programme(s) of your choice as set out in the programme outlines under the various faculties
FACULTY SELECTION GUIDELINES
Large numbers of prospective students apply for our programmes. Unfortunately we can accept only a limited number of students. Even though you may meet the admission requirements of a programme, you are not guaranteed admission to the programme of your choice.
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Education (Foundation Phase)
- Education (Intermediate Phase)
- Medicine and Health Sciences
- Speech-Language and Hearing Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Military Science
For further inquiries, please contact our Client Service Centre
Tel.: 021 808 9111
For the more information Visit official Webpage Stellenbosch University Admission Requirements