Best places to vacation in Florida. Florida is one of the most unique states in America. It’s known for its white sand beaches, tropical weather and friendly people. Florida has more than 1,200 miles of coastline, including the Keys and the Panhandle. From Orlando to Tallahassee there are many cities worth visiting. The cost of living in Florida is also much lower than in other places like California or New York City. These cities have plenty do offer visitors including museums, shopping centers and great restaurants just to name a few.
Top 15 Best places to vacation in Florida
The following below are the Top 15 Best places to vacation in florida
The Everglades is a large subtropical wetland in the southern part of the U.S. state of Florida, comprising the southern half of Miami-Dade County, most of Hendry County, and the eastern half of Broward County. It is the third largest national park in the contiguous United States (following Death Valley National Park and Wrangell–St. Elias National Park), with over 1 million acres (4,000 km2) of sawgrass marshes, hardwood forests, tree islands, mangrove estuaries and coastal lowlands dedicated to conservation and preservation. The Everglades has been designated an International Biosphere Reserve, a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, an All-American Road worthy of roadtrip status, as well as being listed on The National Register Of Historic Places .
Sanibel Island is a barrier island off the Gulf Coast of Florida, United States. It’s known for its beaches, wildlife preserves and resorts. The island is home to about 6,000 people and has been called “one of the nicest places in America.”
You’re likely to hear more from locals about how great Sanibel is than from tourists who are already there; even though it’s one of Florida’s top vacation destinations and receives an average of 4 million visitors annually (that’s about as many people as live in Boston), there are plenty of other places that attract more visitors each year. That said, if you do decide to go, you’ll be rewarded with a relaxing getaway where you can enjoy swimming in warm waters along miles upon miles of pristine white-sand beaches or kayaking around mangrove islands while spotting dolphins.
Destin is a great place to vacation in Florida. Destin has beautiful beaches and many restaurants and bars that you can visit. In Destin, you can go fishing or boating and even scuba diving if you want to! There are also lots of shops where you can buy souvenirs for your friends back home. I recommend going to Destin if you like the beach and good food!
The Florida Keys
If you’re looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, head to Key Largo. The island offers some of the most beautiful scenery in all of Florida while remaining affordable. Not only will you be able to enjoy yourself on land, but there are also plenty of opportunities for water activities such as snorkeling, fishing and scuba diving.
Key West is another popular destination with its laid-back atmosphere and vibrant culture. It offers a little something for everyone from adventure seekers who want to climb a lighthouse or explore Fort Zachary Taylor Historic State Park by bicycle, to those seeking relaxation by taking leisurely walks around Mallory Square where artists perform every evening at sunset. It’s no surprise that Key West attracts over 1 million visitors each year!
Delray Beach is a city in Palm Beach County, Florida, United States. As of the 2010 United States Census, the city’s population was about 75,000. It has been one of the fastest-growing communities in the state since its incorporation in 1947. Delray’s downtown has undergone extensive renovation and revitalization since 2008 when it was named one of “America’s Prettiest Painted Places” by Rand McNally/USA Today.
The town was founded as a farming community to supply nearby West Palm Beach with fruits, vegetables and dairy products from farms in Broward County. The area soon developed into a popular beach resort with homes that were frequent destinations for wealthy northerners who wanted to escape the winter cold (and avoid polio) for a few months each year especially after Henry Flagler extended his Florida East Coast Railway southward through Martin County during this period so that he could bring hotel guests directly down from Jacksonville without having to stop at West Palm Beach first or wait until they reached Miami before continuing on to Key West or Tampa Bay where they’d board ships bound back northward across open water.
Miami Beach is one of the most popular vacation destinations in Florida. Known for its beaches, Miami Beach offers a wide variety of activities, including swimming, sunbathing, fishing and boating. The city also has an extensive art scene and many museums that have been recognized as top attractions by TripAdvisor users.
In addition to being an excellent place to visit during the day, Miami Beach is also home to many nightclubs and bars where guests can enjoy live music or dancing until late at night.
Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach is a popular vacation destination, and it’s not hard to see why. This beautiful beach town is located on a stretch of Florida’s panhandle, but it has the feel of an island oasis. The white sands and clear waters are perfect for swimming, snorkeling, or just walking along the shore in search of shells. You’ll also find plenty of things to do once you get bored with the beach: go parasailing or deep sea diving! There are tons of restaurants nearby if you want to try something different from burgers and fries. Panama City Beach is a popular tourist attraction especially during spring break season!
Jacksonville is the largest city in Florida and has a population of just over 700,000. The city has a lot to offer, including an amazing beach that stretches for miles. There are also many other attractions such as museums and historic sites where you can learn about the area’s history. It’s also one of the few places that offers year-round outdoor activities including football games at EverBank Field or baseball games at TIAA Bank Field.
If you love music festivals like Bonnaroo or Coachella then Jacksonville might be your new favorite place to visit! With events like these happening throughout the year, it’s easy to find something fun for everyone. With so much history in this area there’s no doubt why so many people consider it home.
Fort Lauderdale is a city in Broward County, Florida, United States. It is located on the barrier island of New River, which separates the Atlantic Ocean from the Intracoastal Waterway. The city’s population was 165,087 at the 2010 census.
Fort Lauderdale is nicknamed the “Venice of America”, owing to its proximity to the ocean and its location on a series of barrier islands between Biscayne Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. In 1566 Juan Ponce de León founded Fort Capron (or Caparron), which was named after his former home town Caparrosa (now Caparroso) Spain where he lived as a young boy.
The first significant development in what is now North Beach Island occurred during 1849-1870 with a land purchase by Elisha Fisk set aside for homesteading purposes. The area today known as Sunrise was inhabited by Native Americans who were mostly fishermen: Calusas and Tequestas that were part of what is sometimes referred to as Calusa territory which included Ft Lauderdale Beach before Europeans arrived in Florida and colonized it for themselves!
Orlando is a great place for families to vacation. There are many theme parks, restaurants and hotels in Orlando. The restaurants have a variety of food choices and the hotels have swimming pools and fitness centers. You can also go on amusement park rides at some of the theme parks in Orlando. There are several museums in the area as well as many festivals that take place each year. If you decide to visit Orlando one time you will probably want to come back again sometime soon because there is so much fun things to do in this city.
Clearwater Beach is a popular vacation spot that offers beautiful beaches and hotels, as well as a variety of activities for the whole family. Most importantly, though, it’s the kind of place where you can come with your family and feel completely comfortable enjoying the beach together!
If you’re looking for a vacation destination that will give you time to relax but still have fun experiences to share with each other and maybe even make some new friends along the way then Clearwater Beach may be just what you’re looking for. The town itself has many attractions including restaurants, shops and nightlife spots but if that’s not enough there’s plenty more nearby in Tampa Bay area.
St. Augustine is a city in northeastern Florida, and the oldest city in the United States. It’s also a popular tourist destination, both for its history and its natural beauty. There are plenty of reasons why you should vacation there:
- History buffs will love St. Augustine’s historic downtown area, which includes shops, restaurants and museums (like the Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park) that tell the story of this unique city’s past.
- Families with children will appreciate how safe it is for kids to play outdoors there are even playgrounds throughout the downtown area for those who want to take a break from sightseeing!
Tallahassee is the capital of Florida and is home to Florida State University. Tallahassee is also the second largest city in Florida, and it serves as the county seat of Leon County.
The capital building was built in 1845, making it one of the oldest state capitols in the United States. The building is open for tours during business hours Monday through Friday from 8:30 am until 5 pm year-round (except for Christmas Day).
When you think of Florida, you probably picture a beach. You might be surprised to learn that Tampa Bay is actually a very large inland body of water in the western part of Florida. Despite its location, however, it is still considered one of the most popular vacation spots in the state due to its beaches and warm weather. Read Also Top 10+ best places to eat in nashville
Fort Lauderdale, Florida is the second largest city in South Florida and home to miles of white sand beaches.
As you drive into Fort Lauderdale, you’ll pass through many quiet residential areas before reaching its main tourist spots. The beachfront area is filled with high rise hotels, restaurants and shopping centers that cater towards tourists looking for a relaxing vacation spot.
The city’s most famous attraction is one of its oldest—the 8th Street Pier offers views of Fort Lauderdale’s beautiful coastline as well as fishing charters on the Intracoastal Waterway. If you’re looking for something more adventurous than lounging at the beach or strolling around town, consider visiting some of Florida’s other attractions such as Everglades National Park or Miami Seaquarium.
Where is the most affordable place to vacation in Florida?
- St. Augustine: A historic town in the northern part of Florida, which was founded by Spanish explorer Ponce de Leon.
- Clearwater: Known as the “Redfish Capital of the World” because of its large population of redfish species, Clearwater has such attractions as John’s Pass and a historical lighthouse.
- Fort Myers: Located on Florida’s Gulf Coast, Fort Myers is home to many golf courses and several beaches including Sanibel Island. It’s also one of the top destinations in Florida for scuba diving due to its clear waters and abundance of marine species including dolphins, manatees and sea turtles.
- Naples: Located on Florida’s west coast between Tampa Bay and Marco Island (just south), Naples offers visitors sandy beaches along with beautiful homes throughout town that were built during 1920s through 1950s when this area experienced rapid growth from wealthy Northerners seeking warmer winter climates after World War II ended in 1945.”
Where is the most relaxing place to vacation in Florida?
If you’re looking for a relaxing place to vacation in Florida, the following locations are some of the most popular destinations in the state:
- Sanibel Island—This island off of Southwest Florida offers pristine beaches and pristine wildlife. You can also see a variety of marine life such as dolphins and manatees.
- Destin—Destin is known for its white sand beaches and beautiful water. The area offers an array of activities like fishing, surfing, swimming and scuba diving. There are also great restaurants where you can enjoy fresh seafood cooked by local experts.
- The Florida Keys—The Florida Keys offers miles upon miles of beautiful white sand beaches along with warm turquoise waters that make this region one of the most popular areas among beachgoers on vacation. There are many hotels located throughout this area so no matter where you decide to stay while visiting here you’ll still be able to see everything there is available during your stay without having trouble getting around if needed.”
What is the most beautiful place in Florida?
- The Everglades – One of the most beautiful places in Florida is also one of the most unique. It’s a vital part of Florida’s ecosystem and an incredible place to explore by foot or boat.
- Sanibel Island – Sanibel Island has become a destination for people who want to enjoy a relaxing vacation away from crowds, traffic and noise.
- Destin – A small coastal town on Okaloosa Island, Destin offers plenty to do and see along its miles of pristine beaches.
- The Florida Keys – These islands dotting the southern tip of Florida have some of the best fishing in America, as well as great beaches.
- Delray Beach
- Miami Beach
- Panama City Beach
- Fort Lauderdale
- Clearwater Beach
What part of Florida is best for vacation?
If you’re looking for the best place to vacation in Florida, look no further. We’ve rounded up the places we think are best for all kinds of travelers: families, seniors, couples and singles. First things first: what kind of vacationer are you?
- The best place for families is South Florida or Central Florida. In South Florida, there’s plenty of outdoor activities like hiking and kayaking as well as museums and theme parks like Disney World (which has two parks). In Central Florida — a region including Orlando there are more theme parks than you could ever visit in a lifetime (though we’d recommend trying them all!).
- The best place for seniors is St Pete Beach or Palm Beach County’s Treasure Coast. Both areas offer plenty of activities geared toward retirees such as boating tours, golf courses and museum visits.
- The best place for couples is Miami/South Beach because it’s known as one of America’s most romantic cities due to its beautiful beaches and nightlife scene full of bars and restaurants where you can dine under the stars with your special someone. Read Also Best Paying Jobs In EDP Services 2022
You know what is the best part about Florida? It has everything to offer, and you can spend a lifetime exploring all of its wonders. We hope that after reading this guide, you will be inspired to go on your own vacation and experience the beauty of our state.