Job Description :
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people. Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 25%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002 and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Guinness and Plisner. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
Main Purpose of this Role
The role holder will oversee the warehouse and logistics operations and manage the logistics operations team at Mwanza site.
Sales Order and Delivery Management
- Manage the overall operation to ensure sales orders are delivered as planned and to customer satisfaction [OTIFNE – on time in full no errors].
- Ensure transporters are performing as per the set KPIs
- Relationship management of all the key stakeholders including third party warehouse & distribution service providers, distributors, Sales and MAKE team is key requirement.
Full Beer/Spirit Inventory Management
- Ensure the Suppliers perform according to the contracts ie DHL, Fleet express, etc.
- Posting fulls beer /spirits received from production into SAP
- Posting primary breakages (transit and warehouse breakages) into SAP System daily (includes spillage/under fill etc.)
- Daily reconciliations of the closing balances in SAP against Physical Stocks and get them reviewed and signed by counterparts.
- Provide the full data with costing to Warehouse Manager (SBL) in case of any accident /loss of goods that may happen and raise debit notes to the concerned suppliers.
- Own the reconciliation of the SIT plant on a weekly basis and secure sign off from site stock controller.
- Overall management of empties on site.
- Manage daily real time posting of the empties received from customers into SAP
- Ensure daily physical counts of the Empties take place and secure signoff by stock controller.
- Ensure a daily empties reconciliation of SAP (Book) against physicals is done and signed off.
- Maintain a tracker of the empties dispatched to other plants from the Mwanza empties yard e.g SBL Dar, SBL Moshi, KBL, UBL etc.
- Maintain reconciliations of empties return with distributors with mutual signoffs.
Raw Materials & Components Management
- Ensure that all goods receipt transactions are processed accurately and promptly
- Ensure security of delivered materials against damage or pilferage
- Ensure the smooth flow of materials through the stores to facilitate accurate real time inventory records and ensure materials availability
- Manage all non-conformances and return to vendors in an accurate, timely manner and assist Finance and Source/Procurement in resolution of non-conformances.
- Ensure a weekly stock reconciliation of SAP (Book) against physicals is done and signed off.
- Controlling and ensuring that the site has secure and enough stocks to support production to avoid plant stoppages that can lead to profit and market loss.
- Monitoring of re-order level of raw materials and components.
- Produce measures to monitor stock performance in at the site and recommend obsolete and slow-moving items to be written off.
- Oversee the general yard operations and management to ensure a safe and compliant environment.
- Monitor and ensure the processes are implemented as per the service level agreements.
- Manage service providers to own & keep track of their KPIs, facilitate the sessions of stipulated performance reviews.
- Manage and ensure operations meetings take place timely.
- Share the plans with the suppliers and set targets according to plans.
- Any other activity as may be allocated to you from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Graduate, preferably in Supply Chain
- At least 5 years’ experience in warehouse management background (with RM, FGs & returnable packaging will be desirable)
- Leadership experience of working in partnership with employees/representatives
Good Organizer: Always Delivers: Decisive: Good Listener: Good Communicator: Problem Solver: Accurately Analytical: Great people skills: Passionate about the business