Dar Es Salaam,
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs; no distributors or banks are necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal, Zambia, and Rwanda use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Country Supplier Relations Manager, reporting to East Africa Partnerships Manager
Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
You will support the operations at a country level to ensure Wasokos is always receiving the best margins, and supplier terms and proactively onboarding new products across all country branches.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact for newly onboarded and existing suppliers
- Negotiate terms and conditions of supplier partnerships
- Schedule regular reports and meetings
- Actively monitor organizational sales growth to ensure KPIs are being met and revised regularly
- Managing Supplier Relations team at a country level
- Monitor and manage all distribution agreement contracts
- Proactively identify opportunities that will align supplier needs with the organizational goals
- Advise, train and mentor junior supplier team members
The successful candidate will possess:
- Preferred 4-5 years of experience in a similar role in FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Management
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced sales environment
- Strong selling, negotiating, and consulting skills
- Effective interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Strong oral, written communication & presentation skills
- Willingness to travel for work within the country
- Must love working with people and cross-cultural team