Call for the application of Weir Minerals Africa Bursary 2022for the south Africans
- Bursary Application Closing Date: 20 September 2021
Weir Minerals Africa Bursary 2022
Weir Minerals Africa are inviting 1st year Engineering students, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year. Weir will be awarding bursaries, only for studies within these fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation and a monthly allowance. Bursary recipients will also have the opportunity to take part in 6 to 8 weeks of vacation work each year.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time and are renewable each year based on satisfactory academic performance.
Once students have graduated, they will be required to work for Weir for a period equal to the period of funding received.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 21 days of the closing date – if you do not receive feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying full-time, towards one of the aforementioned Engineering qualifications
- You must be currently in the 1st year of study
- You must studying at a recognised University in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% or “C” symbol
- You must be computer literate and able to work in MicroSoft Office
- You must have good planning and organisation skills
- You must be adaptable and flexible
- You must cope well under pressure
- Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates
How to apply
Students who meet all of the above eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualifid):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic record/ transcripts (on university letterhead)
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
Please note: there is no application form to complete, only the above 3 documents must be submitted.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Weir Minerals Bursary Application” in the email subject line).