Africa Super League Launch in Tanzania . CAF President Dr Patrice Motsepe will launch the eagerly-anticipated Africa Super League on Wednesday, 10 August 2022.
The launch will be live in Arusha, Tanzania at 13h00 Eastern African Time (EAT)/ 12h00 Cairo time/ 10h00 GMT on several TV networks in Africa and other parts of the world including CAF streaming platforms, CAFTV (YouTube).
- Yanga Group Stage CAF Champions League 2022/2023
- CAF Champions League 2022/2023 Draw
- Simba CAF Champions League 2022/2023 Group
Since the CAF President announced the date of the launch in July 2022, there has been an air of expectation as Africa prepares for a new era that will change the face of African football and the economic fortunes of the continent.
- Advertisement -
Africa Super League Launch in Tanzania
- Date: 10 August 2022
- Venue: Arusha International Conference Centre, Tanzania
- Time: 13h00 Eastern African Time (EAT)/ 12h00 Cairo time/ 10h00 GMT
CAF is the governing body of African football and was founded in 1957. The founding members are Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. With a membership of 54 Member Associations, the secretariat is based in Egypt.
At the FIFA Congress in 1954 held in Berne, Switzerland, it was voted to recognize Africa as a Confederation. This gave the continent the right to appoint its first representative to the FIFA Executive Committee and the member was Abdel Aziz Abdallah Salem of Egypt.
- Abdel Aziz Abdallah Salem (Egypt): 1957 – 1958
- Abdel Aziz Mostafa (Egypt): 1958 – 1968
- Abdel Halim Mohamed (Sudan): 1968 – 1972
- Ydnekatchew Tessema (Ethiopia): 1972 – 1987
- Abdel Halim Mohamed (Sudan): 1987 – 1988
- Issa Hayatou: (Cameroon): 1988 – 2017
- Ahmad Ahmad: (Madagascar: 2017 – 2021
- Patrice Motsepe: (South Africa) 2021 – Present.
African Super League format, African Super Cup, CAF super league teams to participate, CAF super league 24 teams, African Super League