Local Content Coordinator At AUMS. African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti (Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, Botswana and Burkina Faso and in Australia and Canada. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment and technology. We look forward to receiving your application for the following position.
JOB TITLE: Local Content Coordinator
Geita Gold Mine, Geita
The purpose of the Local Content Coordinator is to coordinate with relevant AUMS departments all activities relating to “Local Content” that will enable AUMS to comply with Tanzanian local content legislation and to ensure the sustainability of AUMS as the preferred underground mining contractor within Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all relevant requirements related to local content reporting ensuring submission dates are adhered to across all relevant AUMS departments and assist with the compilation and accuracy of the statutory reports provided to the relevant authorities.
- Keep abreast of all relevant government guidelines and legislation and report to AUMS management of these changes and potential implications.
- Raise legislative changes and non-compliance with the management team, providing solutions for changes requiring implementation.
- Coordinate the compilation of the periodic reports required by the Mining Commission from relevant departments into a predetermined template.
- Seek opportunities for improvements in relation to training, research and development.
- Participate in meetings with government officials and committee’s related to local content and provide the minutes and outcomes of these meetings.
- Develop mechanisms and improvements to the periodic reports on local content performance against the statutory requirements.
- Coordinate the AUMS programme of community, business and social engagement.
- Assist in the compilation and submission of AUMS goods and service tenders to the Mining Commission.
- Establish high level working relationships within the Mining Commission to promote AUMS in its adherence to the Tanzanian Local Content legislation
- Degree qualified in either Mining Engineering/Commercial/ Supply/Legal
- Previous experience in East African Communities having accountability for Local Content Compliance An in depth understanding of the operational activities of underground mining operations
- Exposure to the supply chain function within the mining industry.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the continuous improvement of the AUMS local content plan.
- 5 years’ work experience in a similar role.
- Must have high level analytical and problem-solving skills, along with highly developed interpersonal skills.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Must be able to work independently as required and interact frequently with other functions within the organisation and third parties.
- Must be fluent in English both verbally and written and have the ability and confidence to communicate at all levels with government and community representatives.
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email email@example.com
Application letters should reach the above on or before 20th September 2021,18hr00.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AUMS(T)Limited does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately by calling +255 682 660 123 or+255 682 660 256 or+255 682 660 893.