The General Public is hereby informed that IUCEA wishes to implement a two-year Fellowship Program to provide competitive Masters Scholarships to academically deserving future talents to promote regional female student mobility as well as encourage the participation of young African female students at postgraduate level. Eligible female applicants who are interested to undertake postgraduate training in agriculture and related sciences are encouraged to apply for the 60 Fellowships available for the 2023/2024 academic year.
The minimum requirements for qualification into the Programme are:
- Be a female national of one of ACE II participating countries Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Burundi;
- Be under the age of thirty-five (35) years at the time of application;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in agriculture and related fields from a reputable university at the level of Upper Second Class Honours;
- Have obtained admission in any of the ACE II AF project participating institutions specialized in agriculture and related fields. In order to promote regional student mobility, the admission must have been obtained from an ACE II participating university outside one’s own country of current nationality; and
- Have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts, and academic awards, if any.
THE FELLOWSHIP AWARD
The provided financial support for each Fellowship Program will cover:
- University tuition fees: Maximum of USD 5,000 per year (payable directly to the Host University according to an official invoice);
- Stipend: USD 500 per month to support living expenses such as housing, food, utilities, local transportation, medication and settlement expenses;
- Research: USD 5000 to support student research, payable upon approval of a research proposal
- Allowance: USD 2,000 one-off allowance to cover visa, laptop and books; and Medical insurance; and
- Air ticket: A round-trip economy fare for the most direct route between the beneficiary’s home country and the study destination of the Host University.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND PROCEDURES
- To apply for this Fellowship, interested candidates are advised to fill in the application form found at the project website ace2.iucea.org and www.iucea.org.
- Attach all requested documents, and send by e-mail to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected]. For proof of eligibility, an applicant should ensure that the following is provided:
- Completed application form;
- Recent passport-size photograph;
- Summarized CV with names and contacts of two referees;
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts;
- Passport or national identity card; and
- Copy of admission letter from one of the host universities (please refer to the attached table on Countries, ACEs and Universities).
- All applications must be received not later than 00 PM East African Time on June 15, 2023.