Naspers invites suitably candidates to apply for Naspers Bursary 2022 Programme.
- Closing Date: 25 October 2021
Naspers Bursary 2022
Naspers is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year. Bursaries will be awarded to current and prospective students, for studies within the following fields
- Business Sciences
The Naspers Bursary Programme aims to provide funding to young black Africans, who are academically deserving, but lack the financial means to pursue their studies towards one of the above qualifications. Funding is available from 1st year, through to Honours level studies.
The bursary will provide full funding, for the entire duration of the degree studies. The following expenses will be covered: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation, meals, living allowance and 1st year students will also receive a laptop computer.
Students will also have unlimited access to academic and psycho-social support, including: mentorship programme, career guidance and work readiness training, monthly workshops and monthly counselling sessions.
Naspers bursary recipients will be expected to actively support local community or charity organisations and give back where possible – all to create a better future for themselves and their communities.
Naspers Bursary 2022 Requiements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be a Black African – Female or Male
- You must be currently in Matric OR you must have completed Matric
- You must be studying OR intend on studying towards a qualification in STEM, Commerce or Business Sciences field
- You must be studying OR intend on studying at a recognised university in South Africa
- You must have a total household income of less than R650 000 per annum
- Matric students applying for 1st year:
- you must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for Mathematics (NOT Mathematical Literacy) in Grade 11 final results
- you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in Grade 11 final results
- you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in Matric June exams
- 1st year students applying for 2nd year:
- you must be studying full-time
- you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in June exams
- you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% in final results
- 3rd year students applying for Honours degrees:
- you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 68% in June/ mid-year results
- you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 68% in final results
- you must be on track for acceptance
How to apply Naspers Bursary 2022
Applications must be submitted online at: Naspers Bursary Application 2022
Applicants are required to Register an Account before they can Login and apply.
If you are having trouble applying, please visit the Help Center
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric students: Grade 11 June results, Grade 11 final results, Matric latest results (certified copy)
- 1st/ 2nd year students: Matric certificate, full university academic record/ transcripts (certified copy)
- 3rd year students: Matric certificate, full university academic record/ transcripts (certified copy)
- Proof of application or registration at university for 2022
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the bursary