NCEA Examination Results 2023/2024. New Zealand’s National Certificates of Educational Achievement (NCEA) are national qualifications for senior secondary school students.
NCEA challenges students of all abilities in all learning areas, and shows credits and grades for separate skills and knowledge. It enables students to gain credits from both traditional school curriculum areas and alternative programmes.
NCEA Examination Results 2023/2024
How to see your results
You can access your results for externally assessed standards from late January through your Student Login. If you’re new to NCEA, you need to create an account on the Login Options page.
Create your login details
- Create your login details
- Confirm Password
- Then click create account button
- Verify your email address
- Verify your identity
IMPORTANT: For step 3, you will need your National Student Number (NSN) to verify your identity. The National Student Number (NSN) is a unique number given to every student by the Ministry of Education.
The use of the NSN is governed by the Education and Training Act 2020 (see sections 649, 661 and clause 71 of Schedule 1). Authorised users are allowed to use NSNs for specific purposes, in order to facilitate the accurate use and transfer, by authorised users, of information relating to individual students.
Your NSN is assigned to you by the Secretary for Education. You may use or disclose your NSN for any purpose. Authorised users are restricted in their use or disclosure.
I don’t know my National Student Number (NSN), how can I find this out?
If you’re currently at school, you can ask your school for your NSN. Otherwise, you can call the NZQA Call Centre on 0800 697 296 or complete this form for assistance.
Understanding your results online
Before seeing your NCEA results page for the first time, check out the layout of the results screen. This is a sample results record for a learner. See below for the main sections of the record and what they show.
- Click here to go to your results, where you can access your marked exam.
- An entries and results section for each year your school has reported NCEA results.
- Scholarship entries and results including mark, outcome and date.
- A summary of all credits achieved to date, by level, standards type, assessment type and result.
- A summary of all credits achieved in the year, by level, standards type, assessment type and result.
- A summary of credits entered by course, level and result.
- An entries and results section for each year your school has reported NCEA results. Click on a 2021 external standard to view your summary of marks and marked exam.
- View marked exam.
- Summary of marks.
- Download summary of marks as a PDF or open in a new tab.
- Breakdown of scores by question, total score, final result and number of credits.
- Apply for a reconsideration online.
- Apply for a review online.
- An explanation of the summary of marks.
Each standard can have a range of results including “N” for not achieved, “A” for achieved, “M” for achieved with merit, or “E” for achieved with excellence. The result codes that can appear are as follows:
|N – Not achieved||A – Achieved||M – Achieved with merit||E – Achieved with excellence|
|ABS – Absent||SNA – Standard not assessed||RNA – Result not available|
All “9xxxx” series numbers refer to achievement standards and all other reference numbers are unit standards. As some standards can’t be awarded all of these results, the result code is shown in bold where a student has achieved the maximum possible result for that standard.
For more information NCEA Examination Results visit official website https://www.nzqa.govt.nz/ncea/