- Job Location : Head Office, Hq
Installation, configuration and maintenance of multiple high-available database models.
Support implementation projects which mostly includes migration of databases to other platforms. Administer, proactively monitor and troubleshoot 24×7 production environment database servers and associated infrastructure.
- Provide recommendations on database architecture, design and implementations.
- Designs and implements policies and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Technical leadership responsibilities of database projects across various teams in the organization.
- Ensuring availability of all organization databases.
- Implement and proactively monitor all databases to predict and diagnose the majority of problems before they impact application performance or user experience.
- Monitor and report on resource intensive applications and suggest ways to improve performance.
- Conduct performance tuning of database, troubleshooting, and capacity planning of disk space, memory and connections.
- Take ownership of issues, work independently or escalate as needed, and find creative ways to resolve problems.
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships for service, support, and troubleshooting issues.
- Provide training and documentation for knowledge transfer to other database team members.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of database management (Installation, creation of new instances, space management, database reorganization, backup and recovery, performance monitoring and troubleshooting, identification of bottlenecks in locks, waits).
- Strong working knowledge of databases with relevant certifications.
- Good understanding of security standards and best practices.
- Maintaining high-availability database environments
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Oracle Database Machine Administration (DMA) skills.
- Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance and Exadata Storage Administration.
- Technical documentation skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or any other related discipline.
- Relevant professional certifications including Oracle 12C Certified Professional (OCP) or higher.
- 5 years of Database Administration experience in Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Maria DB, Postgress or other commercial/open-source database platforms.
- Experience with migrating mission critical database environments from one platform to another.
- Experience working with high availability, disaster recovery and server tuning strategies
- Experience with Replication, Log Shipping, Change Data Capture and Database Mirroring.
- Experience in Operating Systems administration; Linux, Unix, Solaris and Windows.
- NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Senior Specialist; Database Adminstration Job Opportunity at NMB Bank PLC
Job opening date : 30-Jun-2022
Job closing date : 14-Jul-2022