Why isn’t disney plus working on my mac. We all love Disney. But, some of us don’t like the time it takes to download a movie or TV show. If you’re having trouble with your Disney Plus service and want to know why it isn’t working on your Mac.
why isn’t disney plus working on my mac.
How to fix Disney plus not working on macbook Air & Pro / Apple TV, check out these steps for troubleshooting.
Update your operating system
If you’re running an older version of your operating system, it might be time to update.
To check if you have the latest version:
- On Mac, open System Preferences and click Software Update. If there are any updates available, they will be listed here (along with an indication of how big they are). If no updates are available, then none were released in the last two months or so.
- You can also check for updates at https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?viewlocale=en_US&language=en_US&country=US&product=MacBookPro%2CMacBookAir%2CCalculator%2CiLife&features=update-checker
Check your internet connection
Check your internet connection. If you’re having trouble loading the Disney Plus app or any other site, it’s possible that your internet connection isn’t working properly. Try restarting your modem, router and computer to see if this fixes the issue.
Check your router settings. Sometimes an incorrect setting will cause a problem with streaming content, so check to make sure that all of these settings are correct:
- IP Address (also known as the LAN IP Address): 192.168.1.* (Don’t worry about changing this unless you want to.)
- DNS Server 1: 184.108.40.206
- DNS Server 2: 8 4 4 2 2 1 3 9 6 3 0 5 7 5 4 9 7 6
- Make sure that DNS is enabled in Windows 10 and macOS Mojave (10.14) by typing “cmd” into the search bar at the bottom of taskbar and hitting Enter; then type “ipconfig /all”. Go down until you see “Default Gateway.” This should be set automatically by DHCP but if not, enter it here instead and press Enter again on each line until everything else appears correctly listed under IPV6 Addresses section (if only IPv6 addresses appear when we do so).
Restart Disney Plus and wait
If you haven’t already, try restarting your Mac as well. If the issue persists, try signing out of Disney Plus on your Mac and signing back in again, then try to stream content on your device again (if it’s still not working, continue on to another troubleshooting).
Make sure the app is compatible
- Disney+ is only available on Apple devices.
- Disney+ is only available on Android devices.
- Disney+ is only available on Amazon devices.
- Disney+ is only available on Samsung devices, but not until later in 2020 (when all episodes of The Mandalorian are released).
- You can use a streaming service like Sling TV or FuboTV to watch it through your computer, though this option may be more expensive than just paying for Prime Video or Hulu with Live TV (depending on the plan you choose). You can also download the app from your device’s app store and give it a try! Don’t worry—you won’t have to pay for anything if you don’t want to sign up right away; just create an account when prompted or skip over those steps altogether if they make you uncomfortable!
Restart your Mac, router, modem and other devices
If you’re having trouble getting Disney Plus to work on your Mac, there are a few things you can try:
- Restart your Mac.
- Restart the modem and router (the device that connects your computer to the internet).
- If you have more than one router, try connecting to a different one.
Try a different browser or device
If you’re still having trouble, try using a different browser or device. If you use a different browser, make sure it’s supported by Disney Plus. You can find a list of the browsers that are supported in the table below:
- Chrome (version 68+)
- Internet Explorer (version 11+)
- Safari (version 10.1+)
If you’re using a Mac and need help with changing your default browser, please see [this article](https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201296).
You can also try using an Android device or Apple TV—both of these platforms will work with Disney Plus; however, only some Android devices and models support 4K playback on Disney Plus at this time.
Try with different Network / IP address
- Try with different network / IP address
- Turn off your wifi and use a wired connection
- Try using a different network (ex: at a friend’s house)
- Try using a different IP address (ex: 192.168.0.1)
- Try using a different browser (ex: Safari vs Chrome vs Firefox)
Turn off Adblock, removing any add-ons
- If you’re using an adblocker, it may be interfering with the process. Try turning off your adblocker and seeing if it works then.
- Try a different browser or device. You can use another browser on the same device or switch to a different device entirely (such as from Mac to PC).
- Try connecting from a different network or IP address—some ISPs block access to streaming services like Disney Plus, so switching networks could get around that blockage.
Report issue to Disney support and wait for some times
- Disney Plus is not available to you yet. Please check back soon or sign up for updates at disneyplus.com/watch-free-movies-tv.
- You should still be able to watch your existing content from the app by signing in with your ESPN+ account and selecting My Library.
There are various things to check if Disney+ isn’t working.
There are various things you can check if Disney+ isn’t working on your Mac.
- Check your internet connection
If you have a slow internet connection, streaming video from any service could be difficult or impossible. To test that this is not the case, try downloading a small file from the internet (for example, a PDF) and see how long it takes to download. If it takes much longer than expected, then there’s probably an issue with your connectivity.
- Check your operating system
If you’ve recently updated or reinstalled macOS Mojave 10.14 or High Sierra 10.13 or newer versions of MacOS X and still cannot access Disney+, make sure that OpenVpn is installed and functioning correctly on your computer by following these instructions.
We hope that you found this article helpful. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. We’d love to hear from you! Why isn’t disney plus working on my mac